Property Taxes | Texas Tax Arbitration | Brazoria County | Harris County | Galveston County | Ft. Bend County | Montgomery County | Wharton County | Matagorda County

I'm a Property Tax Arbitrator and can help you with arbitration information throughout Texas.

What should you know about property taxes in Brazoria, Harris, Galveston, or any other Texas county?  If you received your notice of appraised value for property tax purposes from the County Appraisal District and have questions about the tax amount, you can protest.  All property is required to be appraised as of January 1 for tax purposes.  You should protest every year and use every step available to you - particularly arbitration.

What you need to do is to protest both market value and unequal appraisal with the county and, if you get no satisfaction, then you go to arbitration run by a party with no ties to the county. The arbitrator is appointed by the State Comptroller in an attempt to make it fair.  Both the informal appraisal hearing and the appraisal review board seem to rule with the side that brought them to the table. The bigger the county, the more likely this will be the case. 


If you would like more information about how you can protest your property taxes in Texas, contact Property Arbitrator Richard Skotak at 832-200-5676 or

Pearland Property Tax | Texas Property Tax | Appraisal District